This manual explains the settings and commands used for remotely controlling the PLZ-5W series (PLZ205W, PLZ405W, PLZ1205W) using the communication interface.
This manual is in HTML format and PDF format. The following environments are recommended for reading this manual.
OS: Windows 7 or later
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later
PDF Reader: Adobe Reader 10 or later
For the safety precautions, installation, operation, and specifications of the PLZ-5W, read the accompanying PLZ-5W series User’s Manual.
Who should read this manual?
This manual is written for readers with sufficient basic knowledge of how to control measuring instruments using a PC.
Familiarize yourself with the syntax of the SCPI commandss that are used with the PLZ-5W before you use them.
Structure of the manual
This manual consists of the following sections.
- Overview of commands
1 The list of commands is available also as a PDF file.
Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
All other company names and product names used in this manual are generally trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies.
Firmware version of the product to which this manual applies
This manual applies to products with the following firmware version:
Measuring instrument interface standards
The PLZ-5W complies with the following standards.
- IEEE Std 488.2-1992 IEEE Standard Codes, Formats, Protocols, and Common Commands For Use With IEEE Std 488.1-1987
- IEEE Std 488.1-1987 IEEE Standard Digital Interface for Programmable Instrumentation
- Standard Commands for Programmable Instruments (SCPI) version 1999.0
- Universal Serial Bus Specification Rev 2.0
- Universal Serial Bus Test and Measurement Class Specification (USBTMC) Rev 1.0
- Universal Serial Bus Test and Measurement Class, Subclass USB488 Specification (USBTMC-USB488) Rev 1.0
- TCP/IP Instrument Protcol Specification VXI-11
- TCP/IP-IEEE488.2 Instrument Interface Specification VXI-11.3
- IVI-6.1 IVI High-Speed LAN Instrument Protocol (HiSLIP) Rev 1.0
- LXI 1.4 Core Specification 2011
Reproduction and reprinting of this manual, whole or partially, without our permission is prohibited.
Both unit specifications and manual contents are subject to change without notice.
Copyright©2016 Kikusui Electronics Corporation
IX000897, Jan 2019